Publications, Interviews & Conferences
Books and Training Materials
- Ngomsi, E. (2010). The Colors of Culture Shock: Experiencing and Surviving Culture Shock. All World Languages & Cultures, Inc. Kansas City, Missouri
- Ngomsi, E. (2009). Shocking Cultures: Hilarious and Disastrous Challenges of Foreign Workers in the USA. All World Languages & Cultures, Inc. – Kansas City, Missouri.
- Ngomsi, E. (2009). The Yan-koloba Book: No Better Way to Break Cultural Barriers; No Better Activity to Build Cultural Bridges. All World Languages & Cultures, Inc., 2008.
- Saphiere, D., Ngomsi, E. & Sofo, S. (2005) Cultural Detective – West Africa: Improving Productivity-Strengthening Relationships. Niporrica Associates, 2005.
- 2004 Ngomsi, E. & Saphiere, D. (2004). Cultural Detective – Cameroon: Improving Productivity-Strengthening Relationships. Niporrica Associates, 2004.
- 2001 Ngomsi, E. (2002). YAN-KOLOBA®, a Teamwork Game Rooted into the African societal cultures.
Columns and Articles
- 2007- Educate Workers to Compete in a Global Economy. – Kansas City Small Business Monthly.
- 2007 How Can Business Use the Global Economy to Protect or Create American Jobs? – Kansas City Small Business Journal.
- 2007 Educate Workers to Competing in the Global Economy! – KC Small Business Journal.
- 2006 Negotiations across Cultures: Understanding Cultural Differences Will Help Build Better Business Relationships. Small Business Monthly. February 2006.
- 2006 Managing an Intercultural Enterprise: A guide for US-Americans – World Trade Magazine, May 2006
- 2005 Bridging Cultures In the Business Workplace – Kansas City Small Business Monthly, February 2005
- 2013 Ngomsi, E. – Interview, National Public Radio/KCUR, Kansas City, MO. Advice/solutions to Challenges faced by foreign workers in the United States and Strategies for facilitating domestic cultural Diversity Education
- 2011 Ngomsi, E. – Interview, Ingram’s Kansas City Business Magazine MONEY MOVES Workplace Diversity, p. 17.
- 2011 Ngomsi, E. (2011). Interview, National Public Radio/KCUR Le Djangui: The Traditional African System of Saving: A model for African-Americans.
- 2010 Ngomsi, E. Interview, Ingram’s Kansas City Business Magazine. What Goes Around… Diversity has come of in the American Workplace, pp. 16-19.
- 2010 Ngomsi, E. Interview, National Public Radio/KCUR.- Cultural Challenges faced by foreign workers in the United States of America: Suggestions for assisting newcomers in the USA.
SELECTED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- 2008 – Presentation at the NAFSA (National Association of International Educators) -Region IV conference – Practical Activities for International Students’ Orientation Programs.
- 2009 – Presentation at the NAFSA (National Association of International Educators) -Region IV
Break down all Cultural Barriers Program before Building Cultural Bridges.
- 2006 – Presentation at the SIETAR (Society for Intercultural Education, Training and Research) Annual Conference: Right on Time for Interculturalists: The Power of Community Building-Example of African Villages.
- 2011 – Alliance Française – University of Missouri-Kansas City. La Francophonie – The Impact of French Language and Culture on Globalization.
- Presentation to Faculty and International Students Johnson County Community College – Local or Global, Cultural Competency is for all.